Sunday 28 June 2015

The Cake Bug

Hi all,

So my interest for making and decorating cakes really sky-rocketed last year after my own wedding. We had a beautiful and very tasty cake from a very talented lady called Jayne. At five tiers high it was the size of a small child and the most impressive of edible things I have ever seen. 



I had made some cakes before our wedding day, birthdays here or there, an anniversary cake for a family friend but to be honest I was guessing my way through the process. 





From around January 2014 I started out making cakes at any opportunity, then after seeing my wedding cake in July 2014 I was like a mad lady, knocking out cakes left right and centre - even without an occasion. Gatsby inspired black and gold cakes, colour layer cakes, golf cakes - why not, cake pops, anything I could do I attempted with varying levels of success. I definitely had a serious case of the Cake Bug.













I think by now my husband had noticed that I was spending most of my money and time making a sugary mess of the kitchen, and that whenever he needed an egg for an omlette I was dementedly mixing the last remaining eggs in a mixing bowl for my next experiment. In order to tame the mad professor, Alex sent me to the professional, Jayne, who had made our wedding cake. I spent the day with her learning the skills of icing cakes and jotting down any tips I could along the way. This was such a rewarding day and without it I wouldn't be doing the things that I can now do (blog posts to come!). 

So this is how Peasweet Cakes started.... with a crazy lady, covered head to toe in icing sugar, knocking cake after cake out of her small oven. Thanks to Jayney Cakes for reigning in my talent. I am ever grateful! This is the product of her expertise on my decorating lesson.



For now this is my hobby, and something that I will do for loved ones when they need.... but watch this space...........

Lots of love

Kirsty




No comments:

Post a Comment